Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Delay of Game

So as most of you know by now I've changed jobs within my company. The problem that I now face is that my old department loved me so much that they just can't let me go. And by that I mean that I'm still doing old job work because they're short staffed due to poor human resource management, likely the result of general denial about the turnover rate in my old department.

Anyway so here I am in my new department trying to do both jobs but not getting very far on either. To make matters even worse I'm not getting a whole lot of support from the staff in my old department. In fact I talked to my old boss about the double shifting situation and he told me that the new boss was perfectly aware of what was going to happen once I moved over to the new department. Which I of course accepted until new boss asked me if I would be working on new department stuff or old stuff. So obviously he wasn't quite sure what was going on.

But on a postive note I love my new department. I've only been here 3 days and it's just on the other side of the floor but it's all so different. And I have a window seat. Right now there's a Saskatchewan flag in it but that's due to CFL rivalries that I refuse to become a part of.

No comments: