Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I've got a new home

I finally moved into my new place. Right now it's pretty bare. Just an air mattress. But I get my new bed and my new couch on Sunday. And hopefully I'll be able to buy some other stuff this weekend. I still need a table and chairs, a coffee table and at least one armchair. I'd also like to get some end table since my mom sent my favorite lamp from her house to me.

As for how it's going, well I just can't adjust to being an Easterner. First the people complaining about the weather. Seriously -10C is nothing to complain about. It's barely even cold.   And then there is the fact that no one seems to know where anything is. I've gotten a little lost at least three times now in my travels and neither the bus drivers nor the people I stopped on the street could tell me where to find the places I was looking for. In Winnipeg it seems like if one person doesn't know where something is at least the next person that comes along does. Especially if you're in the right general area. And then there is the cost of everything. Everything is so much more expensive.

I'm still trying to give it a chance, but I really want to go home.

1 comment:

KEG said...

In the 3 years I lived out East, I don't think I ever got used to people complaining about "cold" temperatures that aren't cold. I basically lived in hoodies and down vests went I was there. No need for a winter coat.

Sorry people aren't being friendly. Hopefully things improve.