Monday, February 14, 2011

Going on a budget

I've never really had to worry about my spending. I've always made enough money to cover my expenses. But since I've moved out to Ontario I've noticed that my expenses have sky rocketed. A big part of that is living on my own. If I had a roomate to share the Rent/TV/Internet with it would make a big difference in my excess income.  But now I'm going to have to watch my spending.

So I've figured that my budget is about $30 per day excluding rent, internet and phone. That means I've got to eat for under $30 per day too. I plan to keep track of how much I spend each day and keep a cumulative balance to see how I'm faring. This will allow me to "save up" for big purchases like shoes and clothes.

I know there are some great websites out there to help with personal finance. Do you use any? What would you recommend to keep me on my budget?

No comments: