Sunday, March 06, 2011

Reading for fun

Now that my e-reader is working again I can get back to all the reading I've been putting off. Sure I've read a couple of books in the meantime but it's just so nice to read it on the reader.

Before I broke my reader I started reading the Vampire Academy books. I heard about them through Goodreads.com and some of the reviews said they were better than the Twilight series. Having read them I have to agree. Yes they are teen fiction but sometimes it's nice to give your brain a few days off the hard stuff. There was lots of action, and Rose was not nearly as annoying as Bella. Sure the love story was kind of the same, Rose is in love with a guy, he leaves, she leans on another guy, first guy comes back and she's confused. Sadly that's kind of the story of my love life at the moment too. 

But all in all these books were a nice, easy, enjoyable read. If you're looking for something to curl up and relax with I highly recommend these ones.  Now I'm off to read some more non-fiction.

Do you enjoy books about vampires or are you over that now? What's your favorite genre? Any authors you'd recommend?

No comments: