Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Book of the day club

Some of the women in my department at work have been doing a book trade for as long as I have been working here. Recently they've included me in their regular rotation. But it takes me forever to read the books I'm given.

It's not that I'm a slow reader it's just that I don't commit myself to a book. First of all I have to be in the mood to read. I go through stretches where I read a lot and then others where I just won't even think about picking up a book.

I'm also often busy doing other things that aren't exactly conducive to reading. Watching NHL playoffs for example. Although I've developed a system for this now. I mute it during TV time outs and intermission and read rather than listen to Don Cherry gripe about how soft Europeans are.

2 comments:

KEG said...

What kinds of books are these?

JTS said...

So far they're mostly mystery type of novels. I right now I'm in the middle of a legal drama, which I intend to finish this weekend.