Wednesday, November 10, 2010

And They're Out

I've been dragging my feet about getting my wisdom teeth out for years. They never bothered me much but they were growing in crooked and starting to push my other teeth out of line so it was time to get them out. I was also hoping to get them out before I lost my dental insurance. That last part didn't really work out but it's okay.

They're gone now. I had to have oral surgery to get them out. So I had general anesthetic and well once I got masked I don't remember anything until waking up in recovery. Then my mom drove me out to the farm and here I am. Lots of gauze (for the bleeding), several ice packs (for the swelling) and half a dozen T3s later and honestly I'm not feeling too bad.

The great thing about being on a liquid/soft food diet is that most of the soft foods are sugary. Jello, pudding that sort of thing. Delicious though not overly nutritious. I should be able to have soup tomorrow and I'm kind of looking forward to that.

No comments: