Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sports Karma

I don't know if you've noticed but I sort of like sports, just a little. Today I'm a little worried. It's Superbowl Sunday, which is huge. But it's also the finals of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts, the Canadian Women's curling championship.

I'm watching the final and it's a really close game between Canada and PEI. How is PEI playing against the country its in you ask? Well because the previous year's champion comes back the next year wearing the maple leaf. This year Canada is represented by the Jennifer Jones (pictured left) team out of my home province of Manitoba. So I'm cheering for them. And it seems to be working. It's the 10th end (the last end barring an extra) and Canada is up by one point without hammer. If you don't understand curling basically hammer is the last rock which is really important.

But am I using all my sports karma on this game? Will there be enough left for the Colts to win the Superbowl tonight? Am I possibly insane? Wait don't answer that last question.

1 comment:

JTS said...

yup, see. Sports Karma came back to bite me in the ass.