Thursday, February 04, 2010

To Write a Thesis or not to Write

So in all of my thoughts about grad school and where I should go I some how blocked out the thought that I'm going to have to write a thesis.

This hit me hard as I was looking at different school and the profs at those schools. It's not that I had totally forgot about it but just that I hadn't really given a lot of thought to it, what with the writing entrance exams and figuring out application deadlines and having to get references.

So how does one psych themselves up to write a thesis? Well my method is to go through papers that I wrote for my undergrad. And not to toot my own horn but, I wrote some pretty kick ass papers, some of which I totally forgot about.

I still don't know what I would do my thesis on but it had better be something that I love because it's going to be with me for 2 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely go for it! I didn't have a clue what I wanted to write about, but after a few grad classes, I was able to find a topic that I enjoyed and wrote a pretty kick ass thesis. lol

B.t.w., Nice Blog. :)