Friday, May 07, 2010

I'm sick of the CBC

I'm about to say something that most conservatives have been saying for years. I'm sick of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and their obvious bias. For the most part when I don't like something I just avoid it hoping that if others do the same it won't survive. You know the whole voting with your dollars thing. This works for private broadcasters. People don't watch, companies don't buy advertising, broadcaster either changes programing or goes broke. Not so much with our national public broadcaster.

I'm alright with supporting Canadian programming. That aspect of the CBC doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the obvious political stance of the programming. Particularly This Hour has 22 minutes which hasn't been funny in quite sometime anyway. But again I normally avoid it. The problem right now is that CBC is currently carrying parts of the Stanley Cup playoffs so when I forget to change the channel to another before I shut off my TV I'm subjected to a regular attack on my political beliefs. Now I know that the writers of the show are just presenting their own beliefs but why are MY tax dollars going to support them?

No comments: