Thursday, September 02, 2010

The Wisdom of a Country Song

People give me a lot of crap about being into country music with the whole "my wife left me, my car broke down and my dog hates me stuff", but given the recent love life situation I've found that country music covers pretty much every emotion you could possibly have.

There are two songs in particular that are really hitting me these days. Both of them are by George Strait. One of them has been on my iPod forever the other one I pretty much forgot about until recently.

The first one is "You can't make a heart love somebody". This has been one of my favorite songs since the first time I heard it. I still remember exactly where I was, what I was doing and who I was with when I first heard it and it's stuck with me ever since. I actually remember crying when I heard it for the first time.

The other is "I know she still loves me", which if you listen to the song isn't exactly how the situation went down but as time goes on I think this is kind of how I feel. Yes I still care, but in someways I don't even have the urge to talk to him anymore. Possibly a sign that I'm ready to move on. Or a sign that I'm going back into Janalee Robot mode in which I don't really feel anything about anything.

Are there any songs out there that really speak to you? Has listening to a specific song ever gotten you through a tough spot?

No comments: