Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vacation Planning

I'm getting to that point in my life where I've got to start thinking about doing all of the things that I want to do in my life. I guess in someways I hoped to have someone to share that with and I'm getting kind of old to go on vacation with my parents, although I had a great time with them in Scotland last summer. So I'm starting to plan my first trip alone.

I've always wanted to go to the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia. So I'm looking into that. But so far I've run into a couple of obstacles. Number one, there is next to nothing to do in Sydney and if I'm going to pay $500 round trip for a flight I want it to be a couple of days at least. Also anything I have found to do so far has been for couples or familys. And since I am neither a couple or a family that leaves me with nothing to do, except rent a car and go out to Louisbourg for a day. I was thinking I might be able to hit up a spa or something too. But that's all I've got.

Anyone ever been? Any ideas? Should I just wait until I have someone to go with or scrap the idea altogether?

No comments: