Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Dreams are like men you can always have another one tommorow night

I need to start off by saying that I heard that line in a T.V. show the other day and I've been waiting to use it ever since. Now on to the meat of my post.

As you all know by now I'm not particularly happy with my career situation. It's not so much that my job sucks, because it really doesn't. It's more that I don't have a firm grasp on what is that I would like to be doing for the rest of my life. I was asked once when discussing my current job unhappiness what my dream job would look like. To be honest I have no clue.

Obviously I'm not a huge fan of manual labour so that's out. Which leaves me with office jobs. I liked working in the doctor's office as a receptionist... most of the time. But I don't think that I can justify taking that much of a pay cut. For the most part I like my current job, except when certain nosey co-workers seem to think that I don't have enough to do so everyone else should give me just a little bit of their work to do. And yeah, when it's slow I have no problem helping out, the problem comes when I do something once to help someone out and it becomes part of my regular job. Sorry I'm back to complaining again.

Okay so really what this was supposed to be about what career change. But without a clear vision of what I'm after is there really any point? I'm just afraid to end up like OB1, who has been at the same job for 12 years and hates it but can't or won't go anywhere else because then he'd have to start at the bottom.

At this point I've kind of ditched the grad school plans. But I just don't know what I'm going to do.

No comments: