Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Playing with the Big Boys

As you should be well aware by now I'm something of a sports nut (though granted not as much as I used to be). As a female sports fan I spend a lot of time talking sports with the boys at work and trying to prove that I know my stuff. I guess I did a pretty good job last year because they've invited me to join their fantasy football league this year. Either that or they just want to take my money.

Of course I've already lost $10 on football during the off season as I conceded that Brett Farve is un-retired, so I'm not really sure if it's worth it. Also I'm a little scared. I am historically very, very bad at sports pools and fantasy leagues. I spend so much time trying to perfect it and then doing absolutely horrible. It doesn't really help that guys either retire or get injured on me. Plus I'm not really into stats and all that, at least not anymore.

So here's the dilemma. If I don't play I'm never going to be invited to play again, but if I play I may undo all of the work I've done to prove myself as a sports fan in the last year. Really it's $10 and I shouldn't really care what these guys think but really I only see this ending badly for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say go for it!