Monday, August 18, 2008

We have Medals

Yes I am aware this probably should have been posted about 2 days ago but I just didn't get around to it. So yes we have medals. The first ones were Women's Wrestling and rowing. I figured we'd get a couple of rowing medals and we did which is great because I like watching rowing.

I also watched 15 minutes of 8 guys swimming 30 laps of the pool to see Ryan Cochrane win a bronze medal. He's only 19 so he'll be back in 4 years. I've actually watched far more swimming than I have in quite some time given that I'm not the world's hugest swimming fan. I also missed Ian Thorpe hugging Michael Phelps' mom twice.


In non-Canadian medal news Rafael Nadal won gold in men's singles tennis, My favorite German male gymnast finished 4th in the floor final and the Jamaican women won first through 3rd in the 100m sprint.

No comments: