Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And this is why you need to have a backup credit card

So my mom called today to tell me that I had a call from CIBC fraud services. I didn't think it was a big deal just that maybe they were checking on my recent trip to the US. So I called. Then they started asking me all sorts of questions about my account "to verify" they said. Well I'm no dummy and the number I called wasn't the number on the back of the card so I called that number and started all over.

Well as it turns out my card was compromised, that is one of the stores at which I purchased something had their information stolen so my card number was made public. So they voided my card and they are going to send me a new one.

Thank goodness I have two credit cards (one for just such an emergency) and also thankfully CIBC was looking out for me.

No comments: