Sunday, August 15, 2010

Losing Touch

I went to a going away picnic today for a friend who is moving to Switzerland next week. I'm super excited for her and wish her all the best of luck on her journey. She and I lived in residence together at University my first two years and we've tried to keep in touch ever since.

Which got me thinking about all of the people that I know from residence that I HAVEN'T kept in touch with. Have our lives just diverged that much since our student days that we no longer have anything to discuss? Was residence really our only common link? Is it worth attempting to reconnect with these people or should I just remember the good times and reflect on that part of my life from time to time?

I may never have answers to these questions. Do you still keep in touch with your friends from college or university? Have you been able to reconnect with anyone you've lost track of over the years?

No comments: