Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And so it begins

As you know I'm not a huge fan of my job. It has it's good days and it's bad days. I would be really sad to leave some of the people I've met at work. Even sadder if I wasn't there to collect when I win fantasy football (you know if Drew Brees and Jay Cutler don't crap out on me like they did last week). At the same time I think perhaps it's time to cut the cord.

I've watched five of my former classmates crawl up the ranks at my workplace each making more money than I do all because I was willing to settle and scared to try something else. Well I've just fixed up my resume for an internal posting and well if that doesn't work out, hell I've got an updated resume so I might as well test the waters.

Maybe I'll get scared and not be able to actually take that leap. Actually that's the most likely scenario. But I'd like to believe that if it came to it I would be able to do it but I have issues with change.

No comments: