Monday, October 27, 2008

Things I've Learned from Reading Blogs

The boys at work tend to give me a hard time about my obsession with the blogs. I think the issue actually comes more from the fact that I know things weeks before they do an they're a little jealous. I also mentioned some of the "things you can't unsee" that have come up on some of the blogs I've read.

One of the nice things about blogs is that you can be as involved as you want to be. There are several blogs that I read only for readings sake and have no desire to comment on. One of these is Deadspin. I'm a regular reader but not once in all of the time that I've been reading it (roughly 2 years) have I ever had the desire to "audition" to comment. I do however comment regularly at Ladies... and of course I write my own blog. Outside of the sports world I also enjoy my politics and often visit sites that are part of the Blogging Tories blog roll. I very infrequently comment on some of those blogs. And then there is TechKnitting which I like to find knitting tips for when I'm trying out new patterns and am frustrated when they don't work out.

Phrases I need to find a way to work into everyday conversation:
Attainable Hot - I used to describe Tony Romo as regular people hot, this is a much more articulate way of saying it.
Cutlerfucker - Seriously I did a bit of a spit take when I read that one.
Politicalism - I can't remember where I picked up this one but it's really a violent reaction to an opposing political opinion.

Got a blog you think I should check out? Let me know in the comments

No comments: