Thursday, April 29, 2010

5 hours down

I've now spent 5 hours volunteering at the Museum and hope to spend many more. It's great!

The first day I spent 3 hours doing transcription which you would think would be totally boring but really it's not. I'm transcribing interviews that were done with people who were influential in the development of one of the exhibits. So it's really interesting to hear the process of the development of the exhibits rather than just the history behind the actual artifacts.

The other thing that I'll be doing is working on what they call "animation carts" where I get to explain artifacts to people. This could be really cool or really boring depending on how many people you get and how interested they are. Today we did training and there were a lot of kids running around the Museum so maybe not my ideal audience but we'll see how it goes. First official gallery shift starts next week.

No comments: