Friday, April 11, 2008

I knew I shouldn't have given this URL to people

People always bug me about how no one reads my blog. So of course in an effort to increase readership (to more than one) I give the URL to people that I know who might want to hear what I have to say. Everytime I do it, I start to feel like I have to censor what I plan to say so as not to offend anyone or to do harm to whatever sort of career it is that I have.

The fact of the matter is that the thing that I've spent more time thinking about lately than anything else is something that I would have no problem telling an absolute stranger but something that I can't tell people that I consider friends.

Just so no one feels upset or left out here let me just say it has to deal with new office crush. And by new I mean new, new. It's not that I've necessarily given up on old office crush it's just that I have exactly no attention span so when something new comes up I get really excited about it and leave the old stuff. This easily explains things like the seasonal athlete boyfriends. Out of sight out of mind. Actually I think I tend to overanalyze stuff until it gets to the point where I almost have to leave it alone otherwise it gets far too awkward. Focus is a good thing. Becoming obsessed on a singular focus probably not so much of a good thing.

Anyway I just wanted to get that off my chest and hopefully it explains some of why I haven't posted anything lately. I'm not trying to say don't read my blog. I'm just trying to shed some light on why I probably shouldn't have a blog in the first place.

No comments: