Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Is it too early to give up on my team?

As you all know by now I'm a bit of a sports nut. There are some sports that I just can't get into, NBA basketball for example. To clarify I say NBA basketball because I do watch college basketball, or at least I do in March. One sport that I am way into is hockey. I've loved hockey since I was about 12. Right around the time I quit figure skating. I should say here that I'm a terrible hockey player. But I do enjoy watching it.

This year has been a really bad year for my hockey fandom. Part of the problem is that I just have no energy anymore. It used to be that Saturday nights for me involved me, my couch and the Hockey Night in Canada double-header. This year I think I've watched about 4 regular season games, but I promised myself I'd watch at least one game a night through the playoffs. So far so good on that front.

However watching my favorite team, the Ottawa Senators, get destroyed by the Penguins is brutal. The first game and a half the Senators just played poorly. Last night, well I don't even know what happened last night. It was all tied at 1-1. It seemed like I went to switch my laundry and suddenly it was 3-1.

The series is now 3-0 for Pittsburgh and I'm ready to give up on my Senators. I guess I'm not being much of a fan but really they're not giving me a whole lot to work with.

No comments: