Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sometimes I wonder if I've got brain damage

As I'm working on my playoff hotties series I'm finding that I have to go through every teams roster to figure out who's hot and who's not. There was a time when I would have been able to go team by team and name these players from memory. What happened? But that is not the point of this particular post.

The point here is actually that as I go through them I certainly recognize names. It's hard not to when you've been doing this for eight years. As I recognize names I recall things like "oh he's hot" or "no definatly not hot" before I actually pull up the pictures. Then when the page acutally loads I find myself thinking that most of the guys that I remember as being hot actually aren't.

Is it just that they're getting old and I'm getting older and my tastes have changed? Probably not. When I reflect on all of the people that I've ever had crushes on I almost always think "what was I thinking?" Maybe it's just me trying to make myself feel better when things don't work out with a particular crush but the way I go through them I don't think I've really got time to have become attached in the first place.

No comments: