Saturday, June 07, 2008

The New Crush

I would like to believe that at some point in the five years it took me to escape from university with my degree I had grown up just a little. Perhaps in some ways I have. I’ve learned a lot more about who I am and what I feel passionately about. However I do have this one terrible pattern that keeps repeating.

My first year of university I went through five crushes, not to mention my numerous crushes on celebrities. Second year I did a little better, there were only three. I would like to tell you that I had outgrown this pattern but sadly not. I just hope that now I’m a little better at hiding it. But maybe not that either.

Until last week I probably would have said that I’m too old to be having crushes but I think that as we get older we just expand our vocabulary and call it something else, or maybe we want to believe that our feelings are either something more or something less.

Okay wow talk about be a little wordy this is really getting away from me. Here’s the deal, you already know about my first two office crushes, which really could be expanded to four if you count office hotness (which I don’t) and my fleeting interest in someone who now makes me cringe every time I think about it. Anyway I’ve moved on to a third. Details are still not quite clear to me, and it’s probably yet another case of me over analyzing a situation. But I’ll keeping you posted as things continue to develop.

No comments: