Monday, June 30, 2008

Music Memory

So recently I've been listening to music that can only be described as crap. Absolute crap. So why would I listen to crappy music? Because it reminds me of other things. I'm sure everyone has songs that they associate with other thoughts, feelings, people, ect.

For example everytime I hear Calling Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks, I think of my College Graduation. It was the last song played at the social and everyone that was left there got up and danced. Similarly another Garth Brooks song makes me think of my high school graduation because it's the song we all walked into.

Some songs you don't even know remind you of anything until you actually hear the song again. There is a song that isn't often played on the radio anymore that reminds me of riding in the tractor with my older brother. I can't really remember what song it is but if I heard it I'd know right away.

I don't know if this can be an excuse for poor taste in music but it's what I'm going with for now. I just hope no one digging through my iPod with question my legitimate taste in music as a result.

I'm going to try to keep a list of songs that remind me of other things in the comments (we'll see how long this lasts). You can too if you want

1 comment:

JTS said...

Killng Me Softly - the Fugees

reminds me of going to the waterslide park as a kid. Yes that sounds strange but they were playing it while we were there on a class trip.