Friday, January 30, 2009

My Last Vacation Day

Today was the last vacation day I can take before my trip to Scotland. I need to save up everyday between now and then in order to go. But I think it'll be worth it. 

I only accomplished some of what I wanted to do today. I attempted to check on my graduation status but they apparently have to get back to me. I did go to the bank to see about mortgages and have discovered that I will never be able to own a home. Life just isn't made for single people. I also got my hair cut and colored. It's short and dark but I love it. I had wanted to get together with some people I hadn't seen in a while but it just wasn't going to happen. And I only got some of my laundry done. Oh and I didn't call my potential grad schools. 

Funny story about that. So I went to the bank for 10 and didn't get home until about 11:30. Then I had a little bit of stuff to do before I left for my hair appointment at 1:00. So I figured I'd call when I got home. Unfortunately I had left my phone on my desk so when I went to make my call the phone was dead. I wonder if it's kismet? You know the universe telling me I just really shouldn't be going to grad school.

I also did some unexpected stuff. Like go to the mall for supper/shopping and then go to watch my brother play volleyball. That was nice. I haven't seen him play in a while. And I bought and expansion pack and a stuff pack for the Sim 2. I realize that the Sims 3 is coming out soon but I'm probably not going to buy it right away anyway. 

No comments: