Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's been a really weird week

Today was my last day of work for the week and thank god for that. I'm really tempted to give notice. It seems like there is nothing settled in my life right now and since I'm not really a big fan of change this is really difficult for me. 

The whole job situation is really messed up right now. I feel like everyone is conspiring against me. I'm probably just being a little more paranoid than normal but it's hard not to feel that way when there is lots of gossip surrounding my job that I don't even know about. I get that there are things that can't be said until they are finalized and who knows if a lot of what we're hearing is crap but if it does turn out to be turn then I'm not in a very good place work-wise. 

As for my living arrangements well my lease is up in a couple of months which means I either have to commit to staying put or try to find somewhere else to go. On that front I'm going to see the bank about mortgages tomorrow. Just to see what they'd offer me so that I can decide to buy if I find something I want. Otherwise my brother and I will probably be moving across town. 

Which brings me to my next point, grad school. I'm almost at move it or lose it time on this one. I graduated from University almost 2 years ago so it would be hard to get back into the whole school thing. It also brings more uncertainty with the having to move and where do I want to go and where might I get accepted. Right now I'm think about doing a distance ed program. It's not exactly what I want but it's a Master's degree and it doesn't require me to make any real hard choices. But first I want to make sure that by doing this I'm not closing any doors for doing a full research/thesis Master's at some later point, you know just in case. 

No comments: