Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Shopping Spree

Normally I'm not a very fun shopper. I'm a get in, get out girl. I hate browsing. But every once in a while I have to remind myself why I force myself to go to work everyday. Sure I just bought a laptop, and yes I'm planning a trip to Scotland next summer but in the meantime it can't be all work and no play.

So today as the beginning of a long weekend of me watching tennis I decided to treat myself a little. I tried on a lot of clothes and only came out with a little and a couple of pairs of shoes. Did I need any of this stuff? Absolutely not. Did it get me out of the apartment for a while that wasn't going to work? Yes.

I didn't actually spend that much money. I know some girls who own purses that cost more than what I spent, but for me it's a big deal because it was really on a whim. I had no intention of going shopping tonight but I looked at my clock at around 6 and said "holy crap it's only 6, I need to do something". And a shopping spree was born. Oh I also had a little excursion when I missed my turnoff and got a little lost. But even that was relaxing.

No comments: