Sunday, July 06, 2008

What a great day for Tennis


I don't even really know how to describe how amazing the Wimbledon Men's Final was.

Live Update: They're doing the trophy presentation as I'm writing this and they've just introduced Roger Federer as the Men's Runner-up. Which of course means that Nadal won. He's holding that trophy like it's a child. I think he's in love. He also looks like he's going to cry.

Nadal took the first 2 sets 6-4 and then Roger won the next two sets in tie breaks. Oh right there were a couple of rain delays in there too. It's very close to 9:30 in England at the moment and the match just ended. Nadal took the 5th set 9-7 .The game has been on since the time I got up this morning and it just finished.

So for the first time in five years I'm not pissed off that Federer won. I used to hate when he'd beat Andy Roddick (who was my first tennis boyfriend) and then later when he'd beat Nadal so today is a good day. It's so dark in England right now, they probably would have stopped to match after that game if Nadal hadn't won it.

Dude, John McEnroe just asked Federer for a hug. That's just a little BPA free. Oh and I love English with a horrible Spanish accent.

No comments: