Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today was the Big Reveal

As most of you know by now I have a secret office crush. The fact of the matter is that it's not all that secret but I've not said too much by way of identity to any of my other co-workers. However today I went for lunch with one of my co-workers and we had a nice little discussion about why I'm not willing to tell people that I like them. This of course meant that I had to tell her who it was in order for her to truly understand why I need to keep my mouth shut.

I've always believed that it's better to say what you're feeling than to keep it bottled up. Additionally as soon as I tell someone about my crushes they start to fade (it's a wonderful pattern). So why don't I feel better now that it's all out in the open?

I believe that the first reason is that she didn't seem over enthusiastic about the idea. Not to read too much into it or anything but I can't help but wonder if she doesn't have him kind of marked for herself. It would explain some things. Secondly now I've said it and we've discussed it I realize that there was really no reason for me to believe that he would ever feel anything for me anyway.

I'm actually more worried about the whole thing now that I've talked to her than I was when no one knew anything.

No comments: